Already have a Bachelor's?
...but didn't plan on becoming a science or mathematics teacher until now?
Let CalTeach-SMI help your navigate your way to an exciting and rewarding career teaching science or mathematics.
Not Yet a Teacher
The first steps to preparing and developing your new career involve:
- Pass the CBEST Exam or California Education Code and Title 5 Regulations
- Pass the CSET Exam
- Select a Teaching Credential Program, such as the one offered through UCR's School of Education
Teaching in Non-STEM
If you are already a teacher, but not in the sciences or mathematics, you will:
- Need to pass the appropriate CBEST Exam
- Earn an appropriate Supplementary Authorization
- Learn about UCR University Extension Professional Studies